This is the best guacamole recipe ever! Not only does it taste amazing, but this simple guacamole recipe is perfect for any Mexican themed meal or, who am I kidding…a quick snack! Everyone loves homemade guacamole, it’s a fact, and it’s a good thing, because this healthy guacamole recipe is also good for you. Easy guacamole is perfect on just about anything – especially with a drink in-hand (try a salted watermelon margarita or skinny margarita!).
What Is Guacamole?
Guacamole is a Mexican dish that is made with avocado. Typically, guacamole has onions, seasonings, and citrus.
Over the last several years, guacamole has become very popular because of it’s delicious flavor and creamy texture. Not only is guacamole used as a dip for foods like tortilla chips, but it’s also used in many other recipes and a topping for just about anything.
- Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sea Salt
How To Make Guacamole
Only 3 easy steps to make this flavorful homemade guacamole:
- Mash the avocados. You can use a fork or potato masher.
- Mix in the lime juice. This will keep the avocado from browning, plus adds flavor.
- Add in the veggies and herbs – jalapenos, red onion, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
I wasn’t kidding when I said this was the best guacamole recipe! Super easy and beyond delicious.
Homemade Guacamole Variations
Want to add even MORE flavor to your healthy guacamole recipe? Here are some ideas to try:
- Green onions – Chop up some green onions and sprinkle in the guacamole dip recipe.
- Paprika – Not only does it add a subtle peppery flavor, but it also looks fantastic in the homemade guacamole recipe.
- Cayenne Pepper – Spice it up with a dash or two of cayenne pepper! You can make this authentic guacamole recipe as spicy as you wish.
- Lemon Juice – Don’t have a lime on hand? No problem, just use lemons instead. They both work great!
- Bacon – Because everything is better with bacon. 😉 You can make a large batch of bacon in the oven like this.
Is Guacamole Good For You?
Yes, this healthy guacamole recipe is VERY good for you! My homemade guacamole recipe is packed with fresh and nutrient packed ingredients.
Some of the vitamins and minerals you get when you eat the best guacamole recipe are:
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
- Omega-3 fatty acids
…Not to mention the good fats from the avocados!
How To Keep Guacamole From Turning Brown
There are several ways you can keep guacamole from turning brown. If the homemade guacamole does brown a little, you can still eat it it. While it doesn’t look the greatest when it’s brown, it won’t hurt you, give it a good stir to help break it up a bit.
I have done a lot of research and tried many methods to prevent browning altogether. Here are the ones I have had luck with:
- Add extra lime juice. Due to the high absorbic acid, sprinkle some extra lime juice on the guacamole dip before you put it away.
- Use a layer of plastic wrap. Make sure that the plastic wrap actually touches the top layer of this healthy guacamole recipe, to keep any air out. Air exposure causes the browning.
- Don’t leave out the onions. They are added to the homemade guacamole not just because they add flavor, but also because they help it last longer.
- Eat it all at once. This is the best method. 😉
How Do You Store This Healthy Guacamole Recipe?
Store leftover homemade guacamole in the refrigerator. Make sure you use one of the methods I mentioned to keep browning at bay, and it will last 1-2 days.
Can You Freeze Guacamole?
Yes, you can freeze this healthy guacamole recipe. I recommend wrapping it with plastic wrap, then placing in an airtight container. On average, simple guacamole will last around 4-6 months in the freezer.
To thaw, simply place in the fridge overnight and it will be ready to serve. You can also toss it in your lunch box before heading to work, and it will defrost pretty quickly.
What To Serve With Homemade Guacamole
The options are endless when it comes to easy guacamole. Here are some of my go-to recipes:
- Huevos Rancheros – Reader favorite!
- Pork Belly Tacos – You really need to pair these with the best guacamole ever.
- Easy Carne Asada – This one is melt in your mouth delicious.
- Paleo Barbecue Chicken Nachos – The creamy guacamole is a perfect combination with these nachos.
- Easy Homemade Pico De Gallo or Fresh Tomatillo Salsa – Pictured above! I served this for some of my non-paleo family and friends, so they enjoyed it with corn chips shown in the photos.
Don’t forget to try some of my other flavorful paleo appetizer recipes!
Tools To Make The Best Homemade Simple Easy Guacamole Recipe:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Potato Masher – This masher gives you a perfectly creamy texture when you mash the avocados.
- Paring Knife – I love this knife, and it has become my go-to favorite when it’s time to chop veggies! You can use it for cutting the onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes in this simple guacamole recipe.
The Best Homemade Simple Easy Guacamole Recipe
How to make the best guacamole recipe with 6 fresh ingredients! You can't find a more simple homemade guacamole that tastes this delicious. Healthy + EASY!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 4 medium Avocados
- 1 1/2 medium Limes (juiced)
- 2 medium Jalapeños (minced)
- 1/2 small Red onion (diced)
- 1 handful Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 large Tomato (seeded and chopped)
- Sea salt (to taste)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Mash the avocados using a fork or potato masher.
- Mix in the juice of one and a half limes, chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, and minced jalapeño.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup guacamole
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.