These Paleo Cheez-Its are easy, addicting, and perfectly crunchy! They’re literally the easiest thing ever. All you have to do is blend a few plantains with some olive oil, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and salt then spread the batter onto a sheet pan and bake for about 70-90 minutes.
Depending on how thick you make them will depend on how long they need to bake. I ended up taking the edges off around 50 minutes and letting the middle section cook a bit longer. The result is a cheesy tasting cracker that’s perfect for popping, dipping, and scooping up whatever dip your little heart chooses.
We don’t eat Paleo 100% of the time but we do eat gluten free. SO, even if there was just a gluten free recipe I could dream up for these the Paleo version would still win out every single time, mostly because there’s no flour of any kind to be had and it’s literally a ONE INGREDIENT base.
I’m kind of, sort of, addicted to all things plantain. These Paleo Buffalo Chicken Pizza Poppers are an indulgent favorite and these One Ingredient Paleo Tortillas are a staple. Plantains are so super versatile!
You can make these crackers as large or as small as you want too. If you’re using them to dunk into a dip or spread you’ll obviously want to go a little bigger than my poppable version. You could also get super creative with the seasonings instead of doing a cheese flavor. Here’s some ideas:
- Salt and pepper
Any others you’d add to that list??
These Paleo Cheez-Its are easy, addicting, and perfectly crunchy! They’re literally the easiest thing ever.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 green unripe plantains peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread the batter onto the parchment about 1/8th inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes and the score with a pizza cutter into your desired shape and size. Return to the oven for another 55 - 75 minutes depending on how thick your batter ended up.
- Check on the crackers every 10-15 minutes and remove any edge pieces that are done before the middle. When done remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. When completely cool break the pieces apart and store in an airtight container.