Add this paleo pumpkin bread to your fall baking list, because tis the season for all things pumpkin! Vegan pumpkin bread is a classic recipe that was missing from WS, and I wanted to make sure you had it for fall! I took my pumpkin chocolate chip bread and removed the eggs to make it vegan – which is great because that means more people can enjoy it. Even if you aren’t vegan or paleo, you’ll love this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe. It’s delicious, moist, and fluffy.
And you’ve got to try it toasted! The outside get’s a bit crunchy, which I love; it’s that contrast in textures that make it one of the best pumpkin bread recipes I’ve ever had. It also freezes well, so it’s a great batch cooking recipe. Your mornings are as simple as pulling out a few slices and toast them up while brewing your morning cup of joe (or iced caramel macchiato if you can’t let go of cold drinks like me!).
This healthy pumpkin bread makes a beautiful gift idea for neighbors, friends, and co-workers. Everyone needs a special treat once in a while, don’t you think?
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
This moist pumpkin bread is easy to make, too! Let me show you how to make it:
- Prepare a loaf pan. Preheat the oven and line the loaf pan with a liner.
- Mix up the pumpkin bread batter. Blend flax meal and water, allowing time to thicken. Add in paleo baking flour, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt with the flax mixture.
- Add chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Bake. Add batter to pan and sprinkle pepitas on top. Bake until cooked through.
TIP: The pumpkin bread is done when an inserted comes out clean, or just with a few moist crumbs.
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
If you want to add in some other flavors, this versatile chocolate pumpkin bread is a great canvas. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Nuts – Add some of your favorite nuts like walnuts, pecans, or almonds to the batter. They will give the paleo pumpkin bread a delicious crunch.
- Coconut – If you are addicted to coconut like I am, then you will know you can never have too much! Sprinkle some shredded coconut into the batter for a surprise when you bite into the vegan pumpkin bread.
- Cinnamon & Coconut Sugar – Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and coconut sugar on top of the pumpkin chocolate chip bread before baking.
Can I Use Real Eggs For This Paleo Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, if you don’t need this to be vegan pumpkin bread, you sure can use regular eggs. You would simply need to replace the 2 flax eggs and water with 2 large eggs.
The texture and flavor of the pumpkin chocolate chip bread are delightful with real eggs or without.
How Do You Store This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
Store this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe in an airtight container. It’s best to wrap it with some tin foil, or plastic wrap then put it in an airtight container.
The paleo pumpkin bread ages better if you cut off a piece as you want one instead of slicing it all at once, so that the slices don’t dry out.
Can You Freeze Paleo Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, you can freeze this vegan pumpkin bread. Wrap this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe up tightly in tin foil or plastic wrap. Then, place it in either a freezer bag or storage container.
You can thaw the chocolate chip pumpkin bread when you’re ready to eat it. If you want to warm it up, heat it in the oven or a toaster oven until warm.
More Paleo Pumpkin Recipes
I have even more paleo pumpkin recipes for you to try! Take a look at these drool-worthy recipes:
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Creme Brulee – Add some fall flavor to this classic dessert.
- Pumpkin Spice Flaxseed Smoothie – Start the day with this amazingly healthy smoothie. Yum!
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins With Chocolate Ganache – If you love pumpkin + chocolate, this muffin recipe is for YOU!
Chocolate Chip Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Chocolate Chip Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Make this chocolate chip paleo pumpkin bread recipe all fall long! Learn how to make easy vegan pumpkin bread with just 10 minutes prep + 1 bowl. You can't go wrong with healthy pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax meal, 6 tablespoons water)
- 2.5 cups Paleo baking flour
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons Paleo baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Paleo chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or blender, combine the flax meal and water. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and pepitas. Whisk or blend together, until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pepitas.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Serving size: 1 3/4-inch-thick slice, or 1/12 entire recipe
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.