This paleo cornbread recipe is the perfect side for every meal! Yes, grain-free cornbread is possible and these paleo cornbread muffins will prove it! My paleo jalapeno cornbread is spongy and light and everything you want in a cornbread recipe (grain-free or not!).
I thought that I would really miss bread when we decided to go paleo. But it turns out that I just needed a little motivation to come up with some paleo bread options, and it’s exactly how these flavorful paleo jalapeno cornbread muffins came about.
They don’t have any corn in them, but the almond meal has a bit of a grainy texture just like cornmeal, which gives it the cornbread texture.
You’ll definitely want to try out this recipe soon, the paleo cornbread muffins were a hit with everyone who has tried them – even with people who want nothing to do with grain-free baked goods! You don’t even have to tell anyone they are paleo… it can be our little secret!
How To Make Paleo Jalapeno Cornbread
Once you find out how to make jalapeno cornbread, you are going to always need a stash of them. I usually double or triple the batch!
Paleo cornbread ingredients:
- Blanched almond flour
- Tapioca flour
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
- Pickled jalapenos
- Paleo baking powder
- Sea salt
Take a look at these 3 super easy steps:
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, eggs, ghee, applesauce, jalapenos, baking powder, and sea salt into a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Place mixture into greased muffin tin. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tins. You can also use mini muffin tins, just adjust the cooking time.
- Bake until the grain-free cornbread muffins are golden brown. Yay, your paleo jalapeno cornbread is ready to eat!
Grain-Free Cornbread Variations
When I say these paleo cornbread muffins are versatile, I truly mean it! You are going to love that you can turn this paleo cornbread into a bunch of other recipes.
- Omit the jalapenos – Perfect for kiddos!
- Sub ghee for coconut oil – They are flexible in terms of the fat you use.
- Make mini slider buns – Just flatten them a bit to use them as buns.
- Blueberries or chocolate chips – If you are looking for a sweeter breakfast muffin, replace the jalapenos with fresh blueberries or chocolate chips instead. So amazing!
- Cinnamon – Add in some cinnamon instead of the jalapenos and you will have an easy paleo breakfast or snack idea.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Put in a few sun-dried tomatoes with the jalapenos or by themselves. Either way is so delicious.
- Garlic – Toss in some minced garlic to enhance the jalapeno cornbread recipe even more.
Can I Make Grain-Free Cornbread Without Butter?
Yes, you can make grain-free cornbread without butter. This recipe uses ghee, but if that’s still a no-go there are other options. When you are mixing the almond flour cornbread, just replace the ghee with coconut oil. Use the same amount and you won’t even know the difference.
What Can I Use In Place Of Tapioca Flour?
If you don’t have tapioca flour on hand, you can easily replace it with arrowroot flour. It’s important that you don’t substitute the almond flour with anything else because that is what gives the easy jalapeno cornbread its texture.
How Do You Store Paleo Cornbread Muffins?
Store paleo cornbread muffins in the refrigerator. Make sure they cool properly, then place them in an airtight container. Paleo cornbread will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
You aren’t required to store the jalapeno cornbread in the fridge, but they will stay fresh longer. Remember, they don’t have any preservatives!
Can You Freeze Paleo Jalapeno Cornbread?
Yes, you can freeze paleo jalapeno cornbread. Allow the paleo cornbread muffins to come to room temperature, then place them in a freezer bag or airtight container. They will last 1-2 months in the freezer.
When ready to eat, you can place them in the fridge overnight, put them on the counter to thaw, or gently warm them up in the toaster oven or oven.
What To Serve With Paleo Cornbread
Grain-free cornbread goes with lots of different recipes, so try them with all sorts of dishes. Here are some of my favorite paleo soups and other dishes they go perfectly with.
- Green Chili Chicken Soup – Super easy and tastes great with cornbread.
- Easy Paleo Eggs In Hell – You haven’t lived until you try some eggs in hell with easy jalapeno cornbread muffins.
Jalapeno Paleo Cornbread Recipe (Grain-Free):
Pin it to save for later!
Jalapeno Paleo Cornbread Recipe (Grain-Free)
This PERFECT paleo cornbread recipe (grain-free cornbread) could fool anyone with its light airy texture. Paleo cornbread muffins take just 20 minutes!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
- 6 large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Ghee (melted)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 12 oz Pickled jalapeños (chopped - more or less depending how hot you want them)
- 1 tablespoon Paleo baking powder
- 1 pinch Sea salt
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
Grease a muffin pan with a little olive oil and divide the mixture among 12 muffin tins.
Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are a nice golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.