This avocado chocolate pudding (paleo chocolate pudding) is healthy but also tastes like a treat, and it’s just how I like my chocolate to be. The base of this chocolate avocado pudding is made with raw avocado, which gives it a luscious texture, but I promise you won’t taste it. I told you healthy chocolate pudding was possible! You didn’t doubt me, did you?! I’m here to deliver on this 4-ingredient easy chocolate pudding.
I usually just dig in with a spoon immediately after blending (no time to waste and once you try it you’ll know), but this paleo chocolate pudding is also great when topped with cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut, or some raspberries or sliced strawberries. And I always add some toppings if I’m serving this chocolate avocado pudding for parties or get-togethers.
Also, fun tip… If you let it chill in the fridge for a while it will become almost icing like in texture. You could totally use it as a paleo compliant frosting or revert back to your old days of eating frosting with a spoon… not that I ever did that or anything 😉
How To Make Healthy Chocolate Pudding
I know I give you a lot of easy and healthy recipes to choose from, but this one has to be one of the absolute easiest to make.
You are just one step away from indulging in this decadent paleo pudding:
- Make the pudding. Blend together avocado, honey, cocoa powder, and almond extract, until smooth.
EASY chocolate pudding is in your future. And now it’s the fun part – grab a spoon and dig into your flavorful dairy-free chocolate pudding!
How To Choose A Good Avocado
There are several things to be mindful of when you are looking for the perfect avocado for this healthy chocolate pudding. Here’s what you should be looking for:
- If you plan to eat within 4-5 days or bringing home, the avocados should be firm to the touch. You will also notice when you look at an avocado that isn’t quite ripe, it will be a much brighter green color.
- Ripe avocados are soft when you lightly touch them. You shouldn’t be able to leave an indent of your finger, if you do, then it’s overripe and not a good choice. The coloring is usually a darker green.
- Mushy, or very easy to puncture with your fingers, means it’s overripe. Some say that overripe avocados almost smell like pumpkin.
Does Pudding Have Dairy?
Most commercially processed puddings do have dairy; however, my healthy chocolate pudding is dairy-free. When you make this paleo pudding recipe, you can rest assured that it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
When you buy it from the store, or get it out a restaurant, it will most likely contain milk and sugar. Which is why I like to make it at home!
What Makes Paleo Chocolate Pudding Healthy?
This gluten-free chocolate pudding is super nutritious! With just 4 simple ingredients, it’s not hard to see why it’s so impressive.
Take a look at the breakdown of nutrients you get in each serving of this non-dairy pudding.
- Avocado – There are TONS of benefits to eating some creamy avocado dairy-free pudding. Each avocado is packed full of potassium, fiber, beta carotene, omega-3 fatty acids, and lots of vitamins. The list goes on and on with reasons to eat this fruit.
- Cocoa Powder – Many people are surprised to know that cocoa powder does have nutrients! It has potassium, protein, fiber, zinc, and magnesium. Yay for chocolate being healthy.
- Honey – Using a little bit of honey adds sweetness to food, but you also get some much-needed vitamins and minerals too. Riboflavin, iron, copper, calcium, niacin, potassium, and manganese are a few.
Is This Paleo Chocolate Pudding Vegan?
No, this healthy chocolate pudding recipe isn’t vegan because it has honey in it.
If you want to make it vegan, you can swap the honey for some maple or date syrup instead. It’s an easy swap.
How To Store Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Store any leftover healthy pudding in an airtight container. Since it’s already dark, you won’t notice if the avocado browns a bit.
This paleo chocolate pudding always tastes the best when it’s completely fresh, but it still makes a great leftover too.
More Delicious Paleo Dessert Recipes
Just because you are eating paleo doesn’t mean you have to give up desserts, just use moderation. Here are some of my favorite paleo dessert recipes for you to try:
- Easy Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Creme Brulee – Perfect fall dessert recipe that will make your mouth water.
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse With Habenero Salted Caramel – The complete package! Spicy, sweet, and salty.
- Homemade Blackberry Ice Cream – Great for barbecues, picnics and a sweet pick-me-up.
- Mini Gluten-Free Paleo Fresh Peach Cobbler – The perfect summer treat!
Healthy Paleo Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Healthy Paleo Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe
This easy avocado chocolate pudding recipe is both decadent and healthy! See how to make healthy paleo chocolate pudding with just 4 ingredients.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 medium Avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and no avocado clumps remain.
Serving Size: 1/2 entire recipe
**If you'd like it more on the sweeter side feel free to add a bit more honey
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.