Who wants paleo cookies?! Me, me, ME! These are the best paleo chocolate chip cookies and are absolutely AMAZING. It just takes a few minutes to whip up a batch of paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies and I can’t figure out if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. See, once I make this paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, the entire family prefers them over “actual food”. 😉 They get crumbled over ice cream, dunked into almond milk, and sandwiched with coconut milk ice cream. I just LOVE these chewy paleo chocolate chip cookies!
Sometimes you can tell when a cookie is gluten-free because they are dry and crumbly, but not with these! They are soft and chewy, and perfectly sweet.
Paleo Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
You only need 7 ingredients to make these chewy paleo chocolate chip cookies!
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Honey (or agave syrup)
- Vanilla Extract
- Paleo Baking Powder
- Paleo Chocolate Chips
How To Make Paleo Cookies With Chocolate Chips
There are 4 easy-to-follow steps for how to make paleo chocolate chip cookies:
- Mix the dough together in a bowl. You’ll combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, baking powder, sea salt…and of course, paleo chocolate chips. Then chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- Form the cookies on a baking sheet. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper, then add paleo cookie dough by scooping it and placing it in little mounds. Slightly flatten the top of the cookie.
- Bake the cookies. They should be soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Let them rest on a cooling rack so they can cool and set up.
Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Variations
Sometimes it’s nice to take one versatile recipe and make it repeatedly using different ingredients each time. Here are some ideas to try when you are making this gluten-free, dairy-free cookies recipe.
- Almond Butter – It’s creamy and adds extra flavor and nutrition to the easy paleo cookies.
- Nuts – Add in some crushed pecans or walnuts to this paleo cookie recipe. They add a nice crunch.
- Coconut – I love the texture and flavor of adding coconut flakes to these delicious paleo chocolate chip cookies.
Are Chocolate Chips Paleo?
Most chocolate chips aren’t paleo because they usually contain artificial ingredients, sugar, soy, and in some cases even grains.
When you are making paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies, you need to only use chocolate chips that are paleo. I use these paleo chocolate chips.
How Do You Store Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Store the paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
These grain-free chocolate chip cookies will last up to 1 week in the fridge. You can store them on the counter or in the pantry, but they will only last around 24 hours.
Can You Freeze This Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe. You can wrap them if you want to, but mine are usually fine in a freezer bag. It’s nice to freeze a few batches of chewy paleo chocolate chip cookies and grab out what you need for a quick snack.
To thaw the paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies, just place them on the counter, in your lunch box, or in the fridge until they are defrosted. If you want them to be a little warm, you can toss them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
More Paleo Dessert Recipes
If you are craving easy paleo desserts or are hosting a party, you need these:
- Fudgy Paleo Brownies
- Healthy Paleo Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce
- Low Carb Keto Chocolate Bars
- Keto Skillet Cookie – just use almond butter instead of peanut butter
- Healthy Chocolate Espresso Vegan Fudge
Tools To Make The Best Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Cookie Scoop – I love this medium-sized cookie scoop because it fits perfectly in my hand and it’s super easy to clean.
- Baking Sheet – Having a quality cookie sheet helps make these the best paleo cookies ever! Plus, I like this set because it comes with all the baking sheets you need to complete your kitchen.
The Best Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The best paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe! These chewy paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies need just 7 ingredients + 20 min prep. The easiest paleo cookies ever.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video and learn how to make this recipe!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons Honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Paleo baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Paleo chocolate chips
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough into little mounds flattening just a bit on top.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will be soft when you take them out. Transfer to a cooling rack and they will firm up in about 15 minutes.
Video Showing How To Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Serving Size: 1/8 entire recipe
To Freeze Dough: Simply freeze dough in the same shape as you want to bake them in. Add 2-3 minutes to baking time.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.