Are you a crunchy cookie or a soft cookie person? I’m a total sucker for a gooey soft chocolate chip cookie but if you’re on the other end of the spectrum and love the crunchy outside of a perfectly baked cookie than this Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle is for you!
Just one bowl and a few simple ingredients is all you need to whip up a batch of this crunchy goodness. Bonus points that it’s totally vegan as well!
All you need is coconut oil (or butter if not vegan!), vanilla, salt, almond flour (or hazelnut!), tapioca (or arrowroot!), paleo chocolate chips, and coconut sugar (or maple sugar!). As you can tell this recipe will work around just about any dietary restriction. I wanted to give you plenty of options so that you can make the very best brittle for YOU.
After baking you’ll need to slice into triangles and let them cool completely, at least 30-45 minutes. If you try to handle them or eat them straight out of the oven they’ll be crumbly and not the crunchy cookie cracker consistency we’re going for. Be patient 😉 I know, easier said than done. It’s worth the wait, promise.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut oil soft, but NOT melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup paleo chocolate chips
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a 10.5 x 10.5 square sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Pour out onto the prepared pan and form into a square. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and quickly slice into diagonals. Let cool at least 30-45 minutes before removing from the pan.
You can sub butter for coconut oil, any nut flour for almond, and maple sugar or regular organic cane sugar for coconut sugar if needed.