I’ve never been one to hide vegetables in things. For one, I don’t have children and two, I actually like vegetables so why try to hide them? What I am a fan of is adding vegetables to things that make that thing BETTER and more nutritious. Enter these Veggie Packed Turkey Burgers.
Turkey burgers are a staple for us, especially when batch cooking since they can be thrown onto a massive salad for a little added protein. After making them for weeks I got tired of plain ol turkey burgers and decided to spice things up a bit.
At first I just added shredded beets and onion and they were fantastic. Then, the next time I added in carrots and zucchini along with the onion and beet. PERFECTION.
I love the flavor and slight crunch that the veggies give the burgers and while I don’t necessarily like the pink color (hello beet) I try to remember that I’m not a child and can eat things that don’t always look THAT appetizing. Somehow though when you stuff a burger between a bun with a little pickled red onion (a constant obsession of mine), mayo, mache lettuce, tomato, and avocado all is right in the world.
Veggie Packed Turkey Burgers
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Beets (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Zucchini (shredded)
- 1 small White onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Shred the beets, carrots, and zucchini. Wrap in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess water. Combine the vegetables with the minced onion, turkey, and spices. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat your grill to high and cook patties 7-10 minutes per side until nice grill marks form and the internal temperature reached 165°F.