Or should I call this Monster Vegan Matcha Cheesecake since we’re nearing Halloween??
Guys, I’m not new to making vegan cheesecake but this may be my best one yet. Just get ready for awesome Thanksgiving AND Christmas inspired versions coming soon! In the meantime I’m loving this Halloween inspired one with it’s green/black combo. I totally wanted to throw in some fake spiders or cobwebs into the pictures but decided to keep it understated.
Enter this gloriously creamy, silky, tart, chocolatey, piece of heaven.
I can’t get over how amazing the texture is, I mean if you told me it was cheese I would totally believe you. I will say that the longer it site the better it gets. I like to make them about 2 days before I plan on serving it. That way it has time to not only set up but it allows the flavor to intensify as well.
The crust is a simple mix of almonds, dates, cacao powder, salt, and vanilla bean. After making the crust I just blend all of the cheesecake ingredients together until super creamy and poured it over top. After it cools for at least 4 hours I then drizzled it with a dark chocolate fudge sauce. Ah-mazing.
Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 cup almonds
- 20 deglet dates pitted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 vanilla beans scraped
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 cups cashews soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 vanilla beans scraped, or 2 teaspoons extract
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Line the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In your food processor or blender pulse together the crust ingredients until you have a fine crumble that sticks together. Press into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling drain the soaked cashews and blend with remaining filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour into pan on top of crust. Tap the sides to release air bubbles. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before topping with chocolate.
- For the glaze stir all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.