With the trees blooming and the weather consistently in the 70’s my mind is on ice cream! Usually ice cream is reserved for the dog days of summer when it’s 90°+ outside and you feel like you’re going to melt.
But this Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream is perfect year-round.
It’s lemony enough for the lemon lovers to adore it but coconut(y) enough for people like me to like it just as much.
The great thing about this ice cream is that since it’s egg free you can taste test as you go. If you’re a lemon lover with a capital L simply add more lemon. Want more vanilla? Add in a few more beans or even some extract. Want more coconut (you really do) add in some extra or top it with some just before serving so you have a warm crunchy contrast.
Hate lemon and just want to go the coconut route? Totally doable. May I even suggest a chocolate fudge swirl? GOALS!
Be sure to thaw the ice cream at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before scooping!
Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream
This Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream is perfect year-round treat.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 13.5-oz cans Full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 medium Vanilla beans (scraped)
- 1 medium Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2.5 tablespoons Tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes toasted
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Place all of the ingredients minus the toasted coconut in a medium pot. Heat just enough for the coconut milk to dissolve and mix with the other ingredients. Chill until cold.
- Place the mix in you ice cream machine and churn according to its directions. In the last 5 minutes of churning add in the toasted coconut -- (To toast simply add to a dry skillet over medium heat and stir until golden). Transfer to a container with a lid and freeze until solid.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to serving to allow it to soften a bit. Top with extra toasted coconut if desired.