Do you know how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Because you need to! And I’m going to show you just how easy they are. This 5-minute recipe is a healthy way to start your morning, but a strawberry and banana smoothie also makes a great afternoon snack! Whatever time of day, you’re sure to enjoy it this sweet and creamy drink.
And, you’ll be happy to know that this is a healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe. It’s made with fresh fruit, non-dairy milk (you could use unsweetened almond or coconut milk), almond butter, and some honey or maple syrup. It’s paleo, vegan (if you use syrup), and dairy and gluten-free. Just about everyone can enjoy this sweet treat.
Go grab your blenders, it’s time to make the best strawberry banana smoothie!
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This simple strawberry banana smoothie is so easy to make:
- Gather and prep our ingredients to make a strawberry banana smoothie: strawberries, bananas, non-dairy milk, almond butter, honey (or maple syrup), and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more milk or ice cubes at this point to help it all blend together or to get it to the right consistency. A high powered blender will help your smoothie get ultra-creamy and smooth, but none of the ingredients in this homemade smoothie are too hard, so any blender you have will work.
That’s it! You’ll be sipping the best strawberry banana smoothie recipe without yogurt in no time!
TIP: If you are having it for breakfast and feel the need to chew something for it to feel like a meal, add a handful of nuts or some hard-boiled eggs for a little extra protein and staying power.
Can You Use Overripe Bananas In Smoothies?
Yes, you can use overripe bananas in smoothies and it’s a great way to use them up, AND create an extra-sweet smoothie. The natural sugars in the banana get even sweeter as the banana ripens, so using a ripe or slightly overripe banana is actually ideal for smoothies. They are sweeter and softer – perfect for a smoothie like this one.
TIP: If you have bananas that are about to go bad, peel them and store them in a freezer bag. You can add them to homemade smoothies!
How Many Calories Are In A Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
There are 240 calories in this strawberry banana smoothie. The full nutrition stats are below in the recipe card, but I pulled out the nutrition highlights for you, including strawberry banana smoothie calories!
- 240 calories
- 6 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fiber
- 10 grams of fat
As I mentioned above, if you need some more calories or protein to turn this into a filling meal, add some nuts or hard-boiled eggs!
Can You Make Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Ahead?
Yes, you can make this strawberry banana smoothie with almond milk ahead of time. If you want to make this ahead, I recommend one of two ways:
- Prep the ingredients: Place all of the ingredients, except the ice, in the blender. When you want your smoothie, add the ice and blend away. Make sure that the banana is under the milk so it doesn’t brown, or just add the banana when you add your ice.
- Make-ahead: If you want to make this completely ahead, make the strawberry and banana smoothie as directed and store in a blender bottle. If you’ll eat it within the day, store in the refrigerator. If you want to make it further ahead than that, store the bottle in the freezer (making sure there is room for the smoothie to expand!) and take out to thaw the night before you want it. Give it a good shake until it’s all incorporated again and you’ve got a healthy breakfast on-the-go!
TIP: Meal prep this smoothie by freezing a few servings in blender bottles and take out of the freezer as needed.
How To Freeze A Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
Yes, you can freeze smoothies! As I mentioned above, my favorite way to do this is to store it in a blender bottle (with a mixing ball) so that when the smoothie thaws, you can shake it up to mix up all of the ingredients again.
If it’s frozen solid, make sure you thaw it in the fridge overnight, or keep out on the counter until it’s thawed.
You could also blend it again to get everything incorporated.
The Best Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
The Best Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
See how to make the BEST healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe! This strawberry and banana smoothie is so delicious, you won't guess it's paleo, gluten-free, and vegan.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video and learn how to make this recipe!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 cup Strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- 1 large Banana (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons Almond butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup Ice cubes
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Add more milk or ice cubes if needed to reach desired consistency. Add more sweetener if desired.
Serving size: 1/2 entire recipe (~1 cup)
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.