We love this Tandoori Spiced Salmon with Pomegranate Cucumber Raita. Even if you’re not usually into Indian food, this recipe is sure to please.
One thing I love about this dish is the wonderful blend of flavors. The tandoori seasoning includes ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and more so if you’ve never experienced it you’re in for a treat. I am always amazed at how flavorful Indian food can be, and this recipe is no exception.
You can use almond or coconut milk yogurt with this recipe, just make sure you get an unsweetened yogurt regardless. The pomegranate adds the perfect hint of sweetness, while the cucumbers give you a little reprieve from the spice.
If you’ve never experienced Indian food I hope this recipe inspires you to branch out a little and give it a try, and if you’re already a fan go ahead and add this tandoori salmon to your menu. Either way I’m sure you won’t regret it!
Tandoori Spiced Salmon with Pomegranate Cucumber Raita
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1.25 lbs salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pomegranate Cucumber Raita
- 6 ounces coconut milk yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup cucumber (diced small)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 pinch sea salt
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a small bowl combine the spice rub. Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and coat with the spice mixture. Bake for 4-6 minutes per half inch of thickness.
- For the raita simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the salmon topped with the raita.