This Sticky glazed sweet Thai chili roasted chicken is a great way to liven up your dinner plans.
This week has been crazy busy. Yesterday I spent a good part of 5 hours trying to make a traditional mole only to have it poured down the drain. Note to self…red palm oil is disgusting! It made the whole sauce taste like oil and nothing else. I already knew I didn’t like the taste of it but the recipe I was adapting called for a cup of peanut oil. I figured olive wouldn’t work quite right in a Mexican sauce so palm it was. So after combining literally about 20 different mole recipes into my own I think I’ve got the perfect recipe that takes nowhere near 4 hours and definitely not a cup of oil. Success!
So needless to say we needed a quick fuss free dinner. Thai Chili Roasted Chicken for the win! I had leftover sauce from last week when I made this for the blog and we definitely didn’t mind having it again. I love the sweet tangy spicy flavor of the sauce and when it gets charred a bit it’s even better. Of course isn’t everything better with a little char?
The recipe for the sauce makes enough to glaze 2 chicken legs. If you’re cooking for more simply double or triple the recipe.
Sweet Thai Chili Roasted Chicken
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 7 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
- 2 medium Chicken Legs
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- In a small pan over medium high heat bring all the ingredients (except for the chicken legs) to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and allow it to reduce a bit. Once it's reached a thick honey like consistency transfer to a glass bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 and coat chicken in half of the sauce. Roast for 30 minutes and coat with remaining sauce. Roast another 15 minutes until the skin is crispy and the sauce has almost caramelized.