This pineapple chicken stir fry recipe is a healthy and quick meal the whole family will love! I’m a big fan of stir fries, as they are such a simple meal to make. Simply throw in some vegetables, meat, sauce together and you’ve got one delicious and healthy chicken and pineapple stir fry! But you know the sweet and sour chicken stir fry recipes that contain a cup of sugar? Not so great. But not this one! This sweet and sour stir fry gets its sweetness from the fresh pineapple and a touch of honey. Can’t wait for you to try this pineapple stir fry!
Stir Fry Ingredients
While there are many varieties of stir fries out there, I am excited about my easy stir fry because it is made with healthy and wholesome ingredients. Here is the breakdown for you:
- Chicken Breasts – Gives you lots of healthy protein and keeps you full.
- Egg Yolk – This is in the mixture that you soak the chicken in.
- Tapioca Flour – You will add this to the mix that the chicken soaks in.
- Coconut Aminos – Adds a salty but savory flavor to the pineapple stir fry.
- White Wine Vinegar – Adds some tanginess to the healthy stir fry.
- Sea Salt – Gives you some extra flavor.
- White Pepper – You will love the element that the white pepper gives to the sweet and sour stir fry.
- Carrots – Another ingredient that helps the homemade stir fry taste sweet.
- Red Bell Pepper – Sweet bell peppers make all stir-fries taste better!
- Red Pepper Flakes – You will get a little bit of heat from the red pepper flakes. (You can always add more if you like it hotter)
- Fresh Pineapple – This is the star of the show and what makes it the best stir fry recipe!
- Coconut Oil – The perfect oil to fry the chicken and veggies in because it can heat to a higher temperature than other oils.
- Honey – The natural way to sweeten our sweet and sour chicken stir fry.
- Green Onions – Yummy!
How To Make Chicken Stir Fry
As soon as you taste homemade stir fry, you’ll realize you no longer need take out. It’s really flavorful, easy to make, healthy, and a crowd-pleaser. Here are the easy steps for how to make chicken stir fry:
- Make chicken marinade. Whisk together egg yolk, tapioca starch, coconut aminos, white wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt. Add chicken to bowl and allow to sit until sauce thickens.
- Cook the chicken in a hot skillet. Once it begins to brown, turn it over.
- Add veggies and chili flakes to chicken. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft then toss in pineapple.
- Put honey in the chicken marinade and top stir fry with sauce. Add green onions as a garnish then serve.
Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir Fry Variations
Like many of my dishes, you can substitute other veggies, fruits, or proteins with this pineapple chicken stir fry recipe. Try out different flavors until you find your favorite. Keep in mind, whenever you add or omit ingredients, the nutritional value will change. Here are some ideas to try out:
- Shrimp – Substitute the chicken for some shrimp instead. That is why I love this easy stir fry recipe; it’s so versatile.
- Broccoli – I love the texture and flavor of broccoli with the sweetness and spiciness of this sweet and sour stir fry.
- Cauliflower – If you aren’t serving your stir fry over cauliflower rice, try adding some to the mix.
- Mushrooms – They add a nice earthy element to the chicken and pineapple stir fry.
Is Stir Fry Gluten Free?
Not all stir fry is gluten-free, but my pineapple chicken stir fry recipe is. Soy sauce is a common ingredient in many stir fry recipes, and it’s not gluten free! If you are going to go out to eat, you would definitely need to skip anything made with soy sauce.
In this recipe, we use coconut aminos for a similar savory flavor as soy sauce, without the gluten.
How Do You Store This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe?
You should always store leftovers of this pineapple chicken stir fry recipe in an airtight container in the fridge. Allow it to cool properly; then you can place it in the refrigerator. It will last 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir Fry?
Yes, you can freeze sweet and sour chicken stir fry. The vegetables will lose some of their crunchiness. If you’re making it ahead, cook the vegetables for a little less time, it will help keep them from getting too mushy.
To heat the chicken and vegetables stir fry up, just warm it in the microwave or in a skillet until hot. Then you can serve.
More Paleo Main Dishes To Try
If you love this sweet and sour chicken stir fry, then you should try some of my other paleo main dishes. Here are a few that I can’t get enough of:
- Easy Grilled Thai Chicken Satay – It’s seriously out of this world amazing!
- Easy Crock Pot Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – It’s perfectly sweet and tangy!
- Paleo Cauliflower Rice Sushi Rolls – Everything about these sushi rolls is incredible.
Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
HEALTHY pineapple chicken stir fry recipe is naturally sweetened, GLUTEN FREE, and ready in 30 MIN! The whole family will love this sweet and sour stir fry.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb Chicken breasts
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons Coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon White wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper
- 3 large Carrots (sliced into rounds)
- 1 medium Red bell pepper (cut into squares)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple (diced; or use canned without sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 medium Green onions (sliced)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
In a medium bowl whisk together the egg yolk, tapioca starch, coconut aminos, white wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to the mixture. Let sit 10 minutes to thicken a bit.
Heat a large wok or stainless skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons coconut oil to the pan. Once hot add the chicken (save the sauce from the chicken) in a single layer letting sit for a minute or two to sear. Flip and sear the other side until brown. Add red bell pepper, carrots, and chili flakes. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes until carrots are soft. Add the pineapple and toss.
Add 2 teaspoons of honey the reserved sauce from the chicken marinade. Pour over the stir fry and toss until hot and extra sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onion.
Serving Size: ~1 1/2 cup, or 1/4 of entire pan
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.