This spinach strawberry salad recipe is the perfect light lunch, side salad, or meal! Bright and fresh, this will quickly become a favorite dish any time of year. I actually had no intention of posting a spinach strawberry almond salad here on WS. Because you can probably find about a billion recipes online for every single easy strawberry spinach salad combination imaginable. But, I knew I needed to make a paleo-approved version of this popular spinach strawberry poppy seed salad!
The original version is typically full of refined oils and sugars – but not this version! You’re going to love this delicious strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing! It’s perfect in the spring and summer when strawberries are at their peak, but we eat it all year long!
How To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Once you taste my version of spinach strawberry almond salad, you might be a bit surprised it’s paleo, vegan, and gluten-free. It tastes so good! Plus, it’s really quick to whip up.
Here’s how to make strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing super fast:
- Combine spinach, strawberries, red onion, and sliced almonds in a bowl. Carefully toss strawberry salad.
- Make the poppy seed dressing by placing olive oil, vinegar, coconut sugar, white onion, coconut aminos, sea salt, and black pepper in a blender. Once it’s all mixed together, you can add poppy seeds.
- Pour dressing on strawberry summer salad and serve. Toss lightly to coat the spinach with dressing.
Time to dig into your beautiful, flavorful, and spinach strawberry almond salad!
Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing Variations
This amazing spinach strawberry salad recipe is easy to adjust to your liking. I thought I would give you a few ideas to try out:
- Chicken – If you’re eating this spinach strawberry salad recipe as the main course, you may want some protein. Grilled chicken goes beautifully!
- Walnuts – If you aren’t a fan of almonds or want to try something new, sprinkle in a few walnuts instead. They provide a nice crunch to the strawberry poppy seed salad.
- Pecans – Another nut option to try. I love the spinach strawberry salad recipe with my delicious sugar-free candied pecans. Don’t try it unless you want to fall in love – I warned you!
- Blueberries – Adding blueberries to this salad is out of this world!
- Bacon – I know you might think I am crazy, but adding some crumbled bacon takes the easy strawberry spinach salad to the next level. Plus, you can easily cook the bacon in the oven! (And is bacon ever a bad idea? No.)
- Steak – Grill up some juicy steak and add a few slices to the best spinach salad. Yum!
Can You Make Strawberry Spinach Salad For A Crowd?
Of course, you can make this spinach strawberry poppy seed salad for a crowd. This spinach strawberry salad is a huge crowd pleaser, so it’s a great option for big groups.
Make as many servings as you need, just don’t dress the salad until it’s time to serve the strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing or it will become soggy. No one wants to eat a mushy wilted salad.
Is Spinach Strawberry Salad Healthy?
Yes, this spinach strawberry salad recipe is extremely healthy. Loaded with lots of nutrients and minerals, you can feel great about eating this flavorful spinach strawberry poppyseed salad.
Your body will thank you for eating this strawberry salad recipe!
How To Store Spinach Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
Store the spinach strawberry almond salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. This spinach strawberry salad recipe is great for meal prep, as you can mix up the dressing, prep the ingredients, and have everything ready-to-go.
If you are making the salad ahead of time, you’ll want to store the poppy seed dressing separately. A glass mason jar is great for storing the dressing. It will last around 7 days in the fridge.
More Paleo Salad Recipes
If you are craving salads, you should take a look at all these delicious easy paleo salads:
- Grilled Potato Salad With Onions & Vinaigrette
- Red Cabbage Mexican Slaw
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Mint Salad
Tools To Make Spinach Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – I love having a professional quality blender, not just for this spinach strawberry poppyseed salad dressing, but for all kinds of recipes. It’s worth the investment because it really chops food like a pro and I use it all the time!
- Paring Knife – This is a perfect little knife for slicing strawberries.
Easy Almond Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe With Poppy Seed Dressing:
Pin it to save for later!
Easy Almond Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe With Poppy Seed Dressing
This naturally sweetened, healthy spinach strawberry salad recipe is the perfect summer salad. Easy strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing is sweet and refreshing!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 handful Sliced almonds
- 1/2 small Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons White onion (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender and pulse until emulsified.
- Top salads with dressing and serve.
Serving Size: 1/2 entire salad
**You will have dressing leftover, it will keep up to 7 days to be used on more salads, grilled meats, or drizzled over veggies.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.