These 10-Minute Spicy Margarita Shrimp are bursting with sweet and spicy flavors. The get kicked up a notch with a splash of tequila!
Tequila AND Shrimp! Two of my favorite ingredients get combined for this quick and easy recipe that’s super versatile! Let’s just look at a few ways you can use this recipe:
These shrimp are delicious…
- IN tacos
- ON pizza
- IN burritos
- ON cauliflower rice
- ON salads
- STRAIGHT into your mouth! 😉
Seriously, these shrimp are SO versatile kind of like this easy chipotle shrimp salad I’ve been loving lately. I’m a big fan of things that I can whip up and stash in the fridge for quick meals. These make for an easy protein choice too since you can use them on/in practically anything.
If you’re not into spicy, because these are SPICY with a capital S, then simply leave out the jalapeños. You still get the classic margarita flavor from the lime + tequila and a touch of sweetness from the honey. I’ve always been a sucker for the sweet/spicy combo though so if that’s your thing you’re going to love this recipe!
Spicy Margarita Shrimp
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1.5 lbs shrimp
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium jalapeño (sliced)
- 2 ounces 100% agave silver tequila
- 1 ounce Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Peel and devein the shrimp, toss with paprika and salt. In a small bowl whisk together the tequila, lime juice, and honey. Slice the jalapeño into rounds.
- Preheat a skillet (stainless steel works best) over medium high heat. Add in your fat of choice along with the shrimp. Let sear and brown on one side 2-3 minutes, flip and sear another minute. Toss in the jalapeño and cook 1 minute until slightly soft. Pour in the sauce and let reduce by 1/2 about 3 minutes. It should be thick and sticky. Garnish with cilantro and serve or store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.