So I’m totally sticking with my frozen food obsession today…You’re welcome? I’m sorry? There *may* be one more frozen treat coming this week. I promise I’ll try to tame this addiction soon!
The thing is, I try to share recipes that I’m excited about and that I’m currently enjoying. I’m not one to whip up a chicken slow cooker dish just because it’s popular on Pinterest. I like to show how I actually eat and here lately it’s been frozen treats, salads, and quick veggie dinners. I even took a quick Facebook poll a few weeks ago asking what you lovely readers would like to see more of and every.single.person that answered said more vegetable based dinners and sides! That makes me SO happy since that’s exactly what I want to cook, and eat, too! This week I’m working on 3 veggie based meals that I think you’ll love so stay tuned!
OK, back to these roasted fruit + chia seed popsicles!! These little frozen treats are so delicious and take just 4 ingredients and a few minutes to throw together. They also freeze pretty quick so you’ll have popsicles in about 4 hours!
First off let’s talk about why I roast the fruit…Roasting the fruit naturally carmelizes the sugars and gives a really great depth to the berries that otherwise would taste, well like berries. BUT roasting them makes them decadent and more dessert like and that’s what I’m going for here. Plus we’re keeping the other ingredients simple so having the syrupy fruit makes them shine and not be lackluster. When roasting them you can either just roast the berries plain or you can drizzle them with a bit of liquid sweetener. I used about a tablespoon of date syrup and it was the perfect amount to bring out the sweetness even more. Honey or maple syrup would totally work too!
After that I simply blended them up into a puree and filled my popsicle mold with 1 teaspoon chia seeds in each and swirled the berries + coconut milk together. Easy, peasy, DONE.
You can use whatever fruit you like even peaches, mangoes, or papaya would work well in place of berries. Or just skip the roasting step and make fruit popsicles like this.
Roasted Fruit + Chia Seed Popsicles
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 24 ounces Berries (I used frozen raspberries and blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 13.5-oz can Full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the fruit on the baking sheet and drizzle with sweetener. Roast for 20 minutes until the juices are syrupy. Remove and transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour a bit of coconut milk into each popsicle mold and sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of chia seeds. Top with a bit more milk and then layer the fruit and milk. Once all of the molds are filled use a popsicle stick to swirl the fruit and coconut milk together.
- Freeze until solid about 4-5 hours.