Sometimes you just need comfort food. Most of the time though comfort food isn’t healthy. I should know, I downed an entire pan of brownies over the weekend all by myself. Maybe that’s why I needed this comfort food, to comfort me from the fact that I ate so.many.brownies. This recipe is healthy though, score! Roasted chicken with potatoes and my favorite, butternut squash. It’s such a fall/winter recipe but it’s honestly perfect any time of the year. This is a great weeknight one pan dish too.
Everyone around the table will love it. It’s hearty while still being healthy.
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut Squash
Roasted chicken with potatoes and my favorite, butternut squash. It’s such a fall/winter recipe but it’s honestly perfect any time of the year.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 12 ounces red potatoes (cut in half or fourths)
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash (cubed, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, and sage in a small bowl.
Combine potatoes and squash and chicken and toss with ghee, oil and spice mixture.
- Arrange vegetable mixture around chicken in large baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into chicken registers 165°.