This Raspberry Swirl Chocolate Tart is totally swoon worthy but still totally healthy!
Valentine’s Day is coming up quick and I’ve got the perfect dessert for your after dinner festivities. Despite being dark chocolate it’s not overly rich and it’s actually pretty light. Coconut, chocolate, and raspberries mingle together to make the perfect creamy concoction worthy of a special occasion.
Paired with a Ruby Port you’ll have a great ending to mingle over. Plus you won’t drop into a sugar coma after indulging in a slice or two and you’ll still be able to enjoy your evening.
If you’re looking for a main dish to serve check out my paleo caramelized lemon chicken piccata. It’s delicious, healthy, and classy. Oh and easy, super easy.
You can even serve this tart with a dollop of coconut cream on top with a few fresh raspberries. I personally think strawberries dominate Valentines Day too much. Raspberries are where it’s at.
Check out this excerpt from Oregon State on the benefits of raspberries:
Among several significant phytochemicals, red raspberries contain ellagic acid, a phenolic compound that has exhibited anti-carcinogenic effects against a wide range of carcinogens in several tissues. Ellagic acid contributes to significant inhibition of colon, esophageal, liver, lung, tongue, and skin cancers in studies with rats and mice, both in vitro and in vivo. By the same token, quercetin, one of the flavanols found in raspberries, has been found to be an effective anticarcinogen against skin, colon, and mammary cancers in rodents. Anthocyanins are also prevalent in red raspberries, working as antioxidants that protect against heart disease and age-related mental decline.
I don’t know about you but I think that’s pretty impressive for a tiny little berry! I try to have a 1/2 cup or so of raspberries or blueberries everyday. Just one more reason to make this tart!
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Do you head out to dinner or have a lovely dinner at home?
Raspberry Swirl Chocolate Tart
This raspberry swirl chocolate tart is totally swoon worthy but still totally healthy!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Ingredients for the Crust
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/8 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pinch sea salt
Ingredients for the filling
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries pureed
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Mix all of the crust ingredients together in a small bowl. If it's too dry to pack together add a bit more coconut oil.
- In a 12 inch rectangle tart pan press the crust into all areas and edges coming up the sides almost to the top.
- Over low heat melt the 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Whisk in 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons agave, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt until combined. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Over medium heat, heat the frozen raspberries until they are broken up. Puree with a blender or simply mash with a spoon.
- Fold in the 6 tablespoons of coconut cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Drop small spoonfuls of berries in random spots on the tart and use a fork to swirl into the chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- **If you leave the tart out too long it will start to melt if your house is warm. Keep chilled until ready to eat.
© Copyright Wicked Spatula. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.
Did you make this recipe?
Click here to leave a comment + star rating! ★★★★★
Then, share a pic on Instagram. Tag @wickedspatula or #wickedspatula!
I made this today and my family really enjoyed it!
Thanks Tianna, let me know how it turns out!
I will be making this for Valentines Day. I will let you know how it is.
Awesome Joyce! Can’t wait to hear.
This looks amazing. I need to make it soon. Thanks for the post. Your pictures are always so delicious looking!
Thanks so much Bobbie!
This looks soooo goood…and I love raspberries but I didn’t know how amazing they were!
Thanks so much Liv!
Looks delicious and super easy to do. Might just give this a try.
Thanks for stopping by Valerie! It is pretty delicious!
Becca from It's Yummi!
My birthday is next week and THIS is what I want instead of a cake!
This is so, so pretty! <3 Pinning to attempt to make later! :]
Mischa @ Accidental Farm Wife
Your tart looks so gorgeous! I love rich desserts, but my husband not so much. Will have to make this for him. We prefer to stay home on Valentine’s as well. The restaurants are usually so crowded…and about an hour away. Would rather stay home and enjoy a nice meal, dessert, and some wine! 🙂