So I know that chicken nuggets aren’t a fabulous knock your socks off recipe but who doesn’t love them? There’s a reason why children and adults alike love these little crispy gems. These Paleo chicken nuggets are perfect for a light lunch or game day snack. They also make a fabulous packable lunch for kids.
The batter is very similar to the one I use for my baja tacos. Light and airy they sort of remind me of McDonald’s chicken nuggets. Not that I’ve eaten there in several years.
There’s only a few simply ingredients in the entire recipe and the hardest part is frying. If you’re a normal person though and don’t get totally freaked out by frying things you should be just fine. They fry up quick, less than 10 minutes working in batches.
I usually serve them with ketchup, whole grain mustard, and ranch dressing. If you’re making these ahead of time you can crisp them up by toasting them in a toaster oven or under the broiler for a few minutes. Simple, delicious, and everyone loves chicken nuggets!
Quick and Easy Paleo Chicken Nuggets
So I know that chicken nuggets aren’t a fabulous knock your socks off recipe but who doesn’t love them?
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or red palm oil
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- In a food processor pulse the chicken until minced. Mix in the spices.
- Form chicken into patties (about 25 or so) and dust in tapioca flour. You just want them lightly dusted so be sure to shake off the excess.
- In the remaining tapioca flour mix in the egg and water.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. I use a wok since it's shallow and naturally nonstick.
- Working in batches dip the nuggets into the batter and then place directly in the oil. Give it a little nugget with a spoon to loosen it from the bottom of the pan so it will float freely.
- Fry 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.