The temperatures may be cooling off but I’m hanging on to iced coffee, iced tea (unsweet please!) and this Pumpkin Pie Milkshake!
The truth is that this recipe started out as a smoothie and somehow morphed into a ridiculous version of said smoothie complete with salted caramel, whipped cream, and optional pumpkin donuts. That was an old recipe that isn’t paleo, but I’m working on making a paleo version for you soon!
See, I’ve been sipping on this smoothie every morning since pumpkin season hit, which is like July now thanks to us crazed food bloggers, sorry about that. Anyways, it goes like this: pumpkin purée, coconut or almond milk, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, dates, and spinach. It’s heaven.
For the Milkshake version it’s basically the same thing minus the spinach because it turns it brown, ha! Also, some ice because we want that thick and creamy Milkshake texture without actually using ice cream.
You don’t actually need the donuts for this milkshake to be delicious, but it does add a nice touch.
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Ice to thicken if your ingredients aren't frozen
- paleo salted caramel sauce
- pumpkin seeds
- coconut whipped cream
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Place all of the ingredients sans toppings in a blender and blend until frothy and smooth. If using ice add just enough to thicken. *SEE NOTE ABOVE ABOUT FREEZING INGREDIENTS.
- Pour into a glass and top with your chosen toppings.