If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times… I LOVE TACOS. So when I was trying to come up with something creative to “taco-fy”, I kept recreating a traditional taco (meat in a tortilla) with out of the box fillings. Until one day I decide to mess with the tortilla part instead of the filling, and this beauty of a taco pot pie was born.
One of the great things about this recipe is, it is totally customizable. If you want to make it with steak, ground beef, or beans go right ahead. You can make it spicier by adding more jalapenos or even a habanero. Or if you have family members who are okay with a little dairy, you can add a bit of cheese.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know how you made it your own and don’t forget to save a serving for tomorrow’s breakfast. #putaneggonit
Primal Taco Pot Pie Recipe
One day I decide to mess with the tortilla part instead of the filling, and this beauty of a taco pot pie was born.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video and learn how to make this recipe!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained + rinsed
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 4 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños minced
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh cilantro
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In an oven safe skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Brown the diced chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until golden. Add in the minced onion and peppers. Saute 4-5 minutes until slightly soft. Add in the spices and the tomatoes. Cook 2-3 minutes.
In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the almond milk and olive oil until smooth. Stir in jalapeños.
- Spread the batter on top of the chicken mixture and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden and cooked through.
- Top with desired toppings.