Crispy. Crunchy. Coconuty.
What could be better?!
These Paleo Coconut Chicken Tenders are bursting with tropical flavors, especially when dunked into a sweet mango honey mustard sauce! The BEST part?? These tenders can be made in less than 30 minutes with no mess from traditional frying since they’re baked!
I’ve been on a kick baking stuff lately instead of frying. It’s not becuse I’m trying to use less fat (remember, fat is GOOD), but it’s because I’m trying to keep my kitchen clean and we all know that frying makes a MESS.
The last thing I want to do in the summer is clean the kitchen 5 times a day, especially since it’s no less than 90° in there as well…literally, I’m dying, someone please send me to Alaska for the summer. Please.
I’m holding strong with one too many coconut La Croix’s, no less than 5 fans on full blast at all times, and multiple batches of this freezer fudge. Oh and maybe some ice packs thrown onto inconspicuous places but we won’t go there.
So in an effort to keep this meal EASY I baked these bad boys in the toaster oven and called it a day.
Can we just talk about toaster ovens for a second? I do most of my baking in mine and I LOVE it! It doesn’t heat up the kitchen, cooks more evenly, and preheats in about 2 seconds! This is the one I have and it’s large enough for most of the things I make since it will hold about 1.5lbs of meat depending on the shape and plenty of veggies.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your oven off this summer I highly suggest investing in one of these. It makes my life SO much easier.
The sauce for these is absolutely delicious and a breeze to whip up as well. I threw some mayo, mango, mustard, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in my blender and gave it a whirl. The outcome is a dreamy sweet sauce that pairs perfectly with the coconut on the chicken.
Sweet chili sauce would be equally as delicious as well!
All in all this is a perfect summer meal! Just serve with a side salad and you can even use the sauce as dressing as well!
Now, excuse me while I go take an ice bath.
Paleo Coconut Chicken Tenders
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins (or breasts cut into strips)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Mango Honey Mustard
- 1/2 cup mango (cubed)
- 1/4 cup Avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch Fresh cilantro (about 3 stems)
- Pinch sea salt
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Drizzle with the tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Grab three bowls. In one mix together the coconut flour, paprika, and salt. In the other whisk the eggs, and put the shredded coconut in the last one.
- Dip the tenders into the coconut flour letting the excess fall off before dipping in the egg. Let the excess egg fall off and then dredge through the coconut. Place on the baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then continue to cook for about 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is baking make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.