These Mini Paleo Strawberry Galettes are delicious served with vanilla bean ice cream on a warm spring day!
I’ll admit, I’ve never been much of a pie person. Give me a slice of chocolate cake covered in fluffy rich frosting any day and I’ll be the happiest person in the world. Fruit pies just don’t get me that excited. It’s not like I’m deprived of sweets, have you seen the Salted Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons, Cinnamon Sugar Churros, and Tequila Orange Truffles I’ve posted lately? Yeah, not missing out on dessert.
We were missing out on fruit pie though. I’ve made one other fruit pie in my lifetime and I have to say it was divine.
I made these strawberry galettes into mini versions to help with portion control and for the fact that we still haven’t replaced our broken oven and I’m still rocking the toaster oven game. It honestly hasn’t been that huge of a deal. It’s one badass toaster oven. It cooks more evenly than our gas oven ever did and it’s normally the perfect size for just the two of us. It will not fit a pie dish though. Aren’t the mini versions cuter anyway?
This pie crust is so easy! It bakes into a buttery flakey crust just like your standard gluten filled crust. You’ll never know the difference! The only thing is that you need to be a bit more careful when handling the dough. It’s a bit fragile but if you follow the instructions on how to roll it out you’ll be golden.
You have to serve these beauties with some paleo ice cream. You could also serve them with a bit of whipped coconut cream but my vote will always be ice cream.
Mini Paleo Strawberry Galettes
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup ghee (frozen & grated; can also use lard)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
Mix together all or the dry ingredients for the crust. With your hand mix in the grated ghee until it is crumbly.
In a stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment (or by hand) mix in the egg and apple cider vinegar until a dough forms. Form into a ball and refrigerate one hour.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and sprinkle with coconut sugar and lemon juice. Let sit for 1o minutes to create a syrup out of the juices.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper that has been dusted with a bit of tapioca flour. Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough. Using your hands or a rolling pin roll into a round piece of dough about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a spoonful or two of the strawberries in the middle of the dough and fold in the edges. Transfer to the lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.