Think pickles are hard to make or require all sorts of special equipment?? Think again. For these Easy Refrigerator Pickles all you need are cucumbers, salt, vinegar, and a jar! (I use apple cider vinegar to make these paleo, but technically white vinegar will produce a more neutral flavor if you are okay with it.)
Maybe throw in some spices like garlic, dill, and black peppercorns for good measure and you’ll have tasty, crunchy, and briny pickles in no time!
Who’s up to your eyeballs in cucumbers yet?? We didn’t plant a garden this year but last year I probably had no less than 20 cucumbers on my counter at all times. What better way to use them up than by making pickles?! They’re ridiculously easy and ready in just about 3 hours but get even better over a few days.
The best part though is that after you spend the initial 5 minutes making the first batch all you need to do is add a little more salt and a little more vinegar to the brine with a new set of cucumbers. You’ll have a never ending supply!
My favorite snack here lately has been some plain chicken, literally just boiled, with pickles. Don’t ask me why but I LOVE it! Not to even mention all of the fab things pickles normally go with: BBQ, sandwiches, PALEO FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES!!! The best.
I chose to go the classic route with some dill and crushed garlic but you can even add some sugar (just heat it with the vinegar to combine) for a bread and butter style pickle, or add in your favorite spices and herbs! I think a spicy version is next for me!
Easy Refrigerator Pickles
For these Easy Refrigerator Pickles all you need are cucumbers, salt, vinegar, and a jar!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- Cucumbers enough slices to fill your jar, about 2 large cucumebers
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 black peppercorns
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Crush the garlic and add it with 1 tablespoon of the dill and 1/2 tablespoon of salt to the bottom of your jar. Layer in the cucumber slices packing them in tight.
- Top with remaining dill and salt. Pour in the vinegar and give a good shake.
- The pickles will be ready to eat in about 3 hours but get better after a day or two. These will last about a week in the refrigerator.
Once you've ate all of the pickles simply add more cucumber slices to the jar with the brine. If there's not enough liquid add in a bit more salt and vinegar to cover.