We’ve all heard of cauliflower pizza CRUST, right? Well, these low carb cauliflower pizza bites are much more fun. Why? One, they hold together better, making them perfect for kids’ lunch boxes (or yours, no judgement! 😉). Two, come on, who wouldn’t love mini cauliflower pizza MUFFINS?!
Do you have a pizza night at your house? We love to make paleo pizza bites, and all of us pick our own meat and veggies. It’s almost like having a party just cooking dinner! Plus, they happen to be healthy pizza bites.
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Bites
This cauliflower pizza bites recipe is super versatile and practically effortless. When I am in a hurry, I still want to feed my family healthy food… and fast. These cauliflower cups fit the bill!
- Grab a large bowl and toss in grated cauliflower, oil, eggs, and seasonings.
- Toss in all of your favorite pizza toppings.
TIP #1: Don’t go overboard when adding toppings, which can make the cauliflower pizza bites fall apart. I recommend around 4 ounces of meat and 1 cup of veggies.
- Grease 8 cups of a non-stick muffin tin very well, then fill with cauliflower mixture. Press the mix into the cup, because that will help hold it together better.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 400 degrees F, until the tops are golden brown.
TIP #2: Don’t over-bake the gluten-free cauliflower pizza bites, so that they don’t dry out.
TIP #3: Let the bites cool in the tin for a few minutes before twisting to remove. (They will be easier to remove after cooling from hot to warm!)
Dunk in your fave sugar-free marinara sauce to serve – pure heaven!
Paleo Pizza Bites Toppings
Paleo means no cheese, but that doesn’t mean you need to miss out! There are so many delicious meats and veggies you can add to these paleo pizza bites:
- Pepperoni or sausage – The most classic toppings for homemade cauliflower pizza!
- Mushrooms – The earthy flavors of mushrooms pair perfectly with healthy pizza bites.
- Basil – Add a little bit of fresh basil when you add in the seasonings.
- Bell peppers – It’s best to precook them first.
- Olives – Can anyone even eat mini cauliflower pizza without olives? Yum!
You could even do buffalo shredded chicken as sort of a mini version of my Buffalo Chicken Casserole (YASS!)… and don’t forget the healthy ranch dressing. Basically just take your favorite pizza toppings and throw them in. Easy as that.
Are Cauliflower Muffins Healthy?
Yes, cauliflower muffins are very healthy. Here are some of the nutrients you get with these mini cauliflower pizza bites:
- Cauliflower – vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, potassium
- Eggs – vitamin D, protein, selenium, riboflavin
Depending on which other veggies and meats you add, you could increase the nutrients even more.
Can You Make Mini Cauliflower Pizza Ahead?
Yes, you can make mini cauliflower pizza muffins ahead. They are perfect for meal prep! Let the paleo pizza bites cool completely, then store in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Paleo Pizza Bites?
Yes, you can freeze paleo pizza bites. Always all them to cool, then there are a couple of options for freezing.
- You can flash freeze the cauliflower cups by placing them on a cookie sheet and allow to sit in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Make sure they are completely frozen, then you can move them to a freezer bag or another airtight container.
- Wrap each cauliflower pizza bite with plastic wrap, then place them in a freezer safe container. Then you can just grab a couple when you need them.
Healthy cauliflower pizza muffins will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
To thaw, place them in the fridge the night before. Then, warm them up in the microwave or oven until they are the temperature you like.
PRO TIP: If you microwave the cauliflower pizza bites, cover them with a damp paper towel to avoid drying out. They will heat up relatively fast, so do 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time.
More Super Easy Paleo Recipes
One thing I love about paleo pizza bites is that you can eat them for lunch, dinner, or even a snack! Take a look at these paleo recipes for some more inspiration:
Paleo Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites Recipe
A low carb mini cauliflower pizza bites recipe for both kids and adults! With 7 ingredients + toppings, these cauliflower muffins are customizable & EASY!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 4 cups Cauliflower rice
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Meat (about 4 oz: pepperoni, beef, sausage, bacon, ham, etc...)
- Veggies: bell peppers (onion, olives, artichokes, spinach, etc...)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine grated cauliflower, eggs, oil, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Add in your desired fillings. Be sure to not use too many or they won’t hold together. I use 4 ounces of meat, and about a cup of veggies.
- Fill the muffin tin by packing the filling into them. Be sure to press down to help them form.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Serving Size: 2 Muffins