Caramel Apple Nachos! Like WHOA. This my friends is what happens when a craving for nachos and a craving for caramel apples happens at 10 p.m.
Caramel apples are pretty much a staple for fall but they’re messy (not that these nachos aren’t going to get your hands ridiculously sticky) and I can never eat a whole one leaving half a brown caramel apple hanging out in the fridge for a few days. Ew.
These caramel apple nachos are the answer to that problem. You can make a teeny tiny batch for one or a platter for 10, it’s up to you. The toppings are pretty simple and you’re free as a bird to get as creative as you want.
I went with a quick chocolate sauce, cacao nibs, goji berries, crushed pecans, and of course my dairy free salted caramel sauce or as I like to call it liquid gold.
To cut the apples into nacho slices you can use a mandolin for a uniform size or just use a knife and cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices. You just want them to be apple to hold up to all of those toppings!
Happy nacho-ing friends!
Caramel Apple Nachos
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 5 apples
- paleo salted caramel sauce
1 cup optional toppings
- Cacao nibs
- Crushed nuts I like pecans
- Goji berries
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chocolate sauce recipe below
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Core and cut the apples in half lengthwise. Then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with caramel, chocolate, and chosen toppings.