These BBQ Chicken Meatballs are smoky, sticky, and a bit spicy for one perfect appetizer or easy dinner!
One of my most favorite comforting meals is Gluten Free BBQ Chicken Meatballs with some sort of vegetable. It’s cozy, easy, nourishing, and just all around perfect. It’s also easily customizable by switching up the vegetable or protein.
- roasted cauliflower
- cauliflower rice
- sweet potato
- salmon (so good!)
One of my favorite combos was a pork meatball with a quick BBQ sauce on top of wilted greens, porcini mushrooms, and a parsnip mash. I had cooked the parsnips in the liquid I used to rehydrate the porcini mushrooms and to this day it’s one of my favorite things that I have ever made. It sounds complicated but it was really easy and ready in under 30 from start to finish. I love a 30 minute recipe!
If you’re making these BBQ Chicken Meatballs as an appetizer instead of a dinner component then you can even transfer the seared Meatballs to a slow cooker with the BBQ sauce for easy serving and you’ll be able to keep them warm. Perfect for game-day tailgating, potlucks, or holiday parties!
Don’t forget to use a paleo BBQ sauce, or make your own homemade barbecue sauce like this – it’s super easy to swap out the low carb sweetener for a paleo one, like honey or maple syrup if you’d like.
One note, if you’re egg free simply swap out the egg for a flax or chia egg.
More Paleo Meatball Recipes
If you like these paleo BBQ chicken meatballs, here are more paleo meatball recipes to try:
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – The most classic type of chicken meatballs!
- Italian Keto Low Carb Meatballs – For a paleo version, skip the Parmesan and use additional sunflower seed meal or almond flour.
- Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs – You can easily make these paleo by using almond flour instead of the breadcrumbs, and stick to plain coconut milk or almond milk like she suggests.
BBQ Chicken Meatballs
These BBQ Chicken Meatballs are smoky, sticky, and a bit spicy for one perfect appetizer or easy dinner! Made with almond flour to make them gluten free friendly. Serves 4 as a main dish or 8 as an appetizer.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video and learn how to make this recipe!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup White onion (minced)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Paleo BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
- Combine the chicken, almond flour, onion, egg, fish sauce, Dijon, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Form into 2" balls and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Pour in the BBQ sauce and honey, stir to combine. Continue to cook 5-7 minutes until the sauce is sticky and the meatballs are cooked through.
For a slow cooker version: Brown the meatballs as stated then transfer to a slow cooker with the BBQ sauce and honey. Cover, set to low and cook 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.