This buffalo chicken caesar salad is totally salad-for-dinner worthy.
This buffalo chicken caesar salad fits the salad-for-dinner bill nicely. You know the ones, the ones that are hearty enough for a full meal? Seriously the quickest and easiest dinners are always the best and if it’s a salad it’s even better.
I’m very particular about my caesar dressing, it has to have a very noticeable anchovy flavor and not be creamy. My version is just thick enough to not be watery and has a nice punch of anchovy.
If you’re not a fan of them you can scale back a bit, maybe halving the anchovy amount. Also, I want to mention that in the recipe directions I state to use a food processor to make the dressing but there’s other ways too. I’ve found that an immersion blender works great (if you don’t leave it going too long or you’ll end up with whipped caesar dressing, ha!) and it’s is a breeze to clean up. You can totally whisk it by hand too, it’ll just take a little longer. This is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s sure to please. If you are eating Paleo simply leave out the cheese! Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Caesar Salad
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 small heads romaine lettuce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-4 medium anchovy fillets (packed in olive oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above!
For the Chicken
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot saute the chicken until cooked through and browned (10-15 minutes total) add hot sauce and stir until fully coated.
For the Dressing
- In a food processor, combine egg, garlic, anchovy, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Pulse until combined.
- Slowly stream in 1/2 cup of olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Assemble the Salad
- Chop lettuce into bite size pieces and toss with dressing.
- Top with chicken