Isn’t everything better when it’s made in the slow cooker?
I don’t know if it’s because it’s way fun to come home to a done or mostly done dinner or because everything just tastes better when it’s cooked low and slow. The chicken in this gluten free lo mein is the most flavorful and tender chicken EVER. Add in some vegetables and gluten free spaghetti and you’re ready to rock!
For the vegetables I like to use shredded carrots, water chestnuts, broccoli, onion, and bell peppers. After cooking the chicken on low for 6 hours or high for 3 you’ll add in the veggies for another 45 minutes or so just until tender.
After that a quick stir in of the spaghetti + a little more coconut aminos and it’s done!
While this slow cooker recipe isn’t one that’s just set it and forget it it still makes less mess than cooking it in a skillet + that chicken just get so irresistibly delicious. Don’t forget the sriracha!
Slow Cooker Gluten Free Lo Mein
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (5oz) can water chestnuts
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces gluten free spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with sauce. Cover and set to high heat for 3 hours or low for 6.
- After cooking for your chosen time add in the vegetables and additional coconut aminos and cook an additional 45 minutes. In the meantime boil your pasta.
- After the vegetables are tender add in the pasta and toss.