This Paleo Caesar Salad uses a classic dressing and is topped with easy Cajun Shrimp for a dinner that’s ready in less than 30!
I remember falling head over heels in love with caesar salad at about 10 years old at a restaurant on vacation. It was the type where the waiter prepares the salad table side with the raw egg, salty anchovies, and the luscious olive oil. Delicious.
Let me start out by saying that not all caesar dressings are created equal. Not at all. Every time I see a recipe that calls for mayonnaise I cringe. I go the classic route as with my Grilled Caesar Salad with Oyster Croutons. It takes a split second to throw together and is a classic as it gets.
So while the dressing isn’t particularly new to the site the shrimp recipe is! A few simple spices and literally 2-3 minutes in a skillet is all you need to make these spicy, smoky Cajun shrimp.
Since this meal literally takes just minutes to throw together it’s one of our favorites. I tend to mix it up a bit with the toppings though. Here’s a list of some of my favorites with this particular salad:
Sliced Red Onion
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Paleo Caesar Salad with Cajun Shrimp
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce (about 10-12 cups)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 anchovy fillets or heaping 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 egg
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Diced tomato
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sliced red onion