This Maple Roasted Butternut Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon is LIFE. Easily one of my favorite fall side dishes this will not disappoint anyone at your table. This recipe was originally published in 2015 but I decided to bring it back to life just in time for the holidays!
We’ve got Brussles sprouts, creamy butternut squash, garlic, BACON, and a delicious maple mustard sauce coating every little bite. Basically the entire gangs here and ready to party.
This is one of those sides that’s great with just about any meal and definitely don’t reserve it just for holidays! We eat it with salmon quite frequently, literally like 3 times a week #obsessed
I like to roast everything until the Brussels sprouts start getting a little charred, by that point the bacon is crispy and the squash is nice a soft. Then I try not to eat every bite before even transferring it to a serving dish 😉
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon!
- 1 small butternut squash (about 12 ounces once peeled)
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices thick cut uncured bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled but whole
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black peppercorns