While this isn’t a recipe per say it IS a tutorial on how to make a sturdy lettuce wrap at home just like you would grab at any legit sandwich shop. Used to when I would try making lettuce wraps at home they just wouldn’t hold together and would end up falling apart after a bite or two. Not any more!
With this quick tutorial you’ll see how to wrap the lettuce using parchment paper to create a tightly bound wrap. You can use whatever fillings you like and if you’re using a bunch of fillings just be sure to use a few extra lettuce leaves for coverage!
A few key takeaways:
- Roll the wrap like you would a sushi roll pulling the parchment up and out as you fold it over so you’re not tucking the paper into the wrap…make sense?
- Layer the sauce in first so it’s covered and doesn’t run off or out.
- To eat just pull the paper off a little at a time.
- If you’re traveling with these you may want to use aluminum foil so it can be tightly close on the ends until ready to eat!
- You can use any sturdy lettuce or greens, I like romaine lettuce or swiss chard.