Welcome! I’m Lauren and I have a passion for cooking and eating! Ever since I was little food has been my hobby. I’m the type of person that will think about lunch before I’m done with breakfast. Seriously, I love food. After high school I desperately wanted to go to culinary school but felt like I need a “real” degree. Almost six years later and that “real” degree is collecting dust. I love my sociology background but cooking is my happy place. It’s what I want to do when I’m happy, sad, excited, and inspired. Creating a food blog just felt natural to me.
My cooking style is 80% paleo but always gluten free, simple, and mostly organic. I feel like processed food, and most of the food you find in grocery stores and restaurants these days, shouldn’t really be called food at all. None of the ingredients I use have any artificial flavors, colors, fats or sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup and no preservatives.
I want to inspire you to create delicious and healthy food for yourself and your family. Healthy nutritious food doesn’t have to be boring, tasteless, and time consuming! Most of the recipes I create are stupidly easy and anyone can make them regardless of your cooking skill. Food should be fun and I’m here to show you how to make it that way!
Want to know more about me? Here are some random facts:
- I HATE celery. Like can’t stand the smell, texture, or taste…you will never see celery on this blog, sorry if you’re a die-hard celery fan!
- When I’m not in the kitchen I’m either on Pinterest (I’m addicted) or I’m spending time with my wonderful husband Alex and our two
childrenpets, Van Gogh, a feisty one eared cat and Edison a happy-go-lucky collie/lab.
- I love Mexican food more than anything else in the world. Guacamole is my best friend.
- I also LOVE reggae music
- Oh and tequila….should I move to Mexico already?
- I grew up very overweight and up until about a year ago I still was. Everyday is a work in progress but I owe a 60 pound weight loss to eating Paleo and my die-hard love affair with yoga. I still have about 30 pounds to go but I know it won’t be long until I’m there.
- I daydream about selling all of our belongings and traveling the world. The only thing stopping us are those precious animals above.
- I can’t lie. I always tell on myself.
- I never wash dishes. Alex and I have a deal that if I cook he cleans up the mess.
- I spent two years in nursing school before realizing that it was totally not right for me.
- The only thing I ever hardcore crave is BBQ, chocolate, and Chinese food from a local buffet which luckily isn’t Paleo friendly or I’d eat there everyday.
- Matilda is my favorite movie of all time.
- I’m scuba certified.
- I’m addicted to Kombucha.
Anything else you’d like to know about me?
Also, sign up for my newsletter so you won’t miss a single post. They go out once a week so I promise you won’t be bombarded with emails. You may get an additional email if there’s a special giveaway that I don’t want you to miss.